We shall only store so called “cookies”on your computer when you have provided us with your consent by clicking on the appropriate button(s) during your visit of our website. Cookies are small text files that the website stores locally on your computer. Cookies allow us to recognize your computer the next time you visit us.
Energy Delta Institute’s website uses the following cookies:
Google Analytics (_utma, _utmb, _utmc, _utmz)
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about webpage traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes.
- utma tracks how many times (if any) you have visited the website before
- utmb and utmc are connected, and track how long you stay on the site
- utmz tracks identifies where you've come from e.g. from a search engine or from another website
Youtube (VISITOR_INFO1_LIVE, use_hitbox, PREF)
YouTube is used by the website to store and show video content. These cookies are set by YouTube to track usage of its services.
- VISITOR_INFO1_LIVE cookie attempts to estimate your bandwidth
- use_hitbox cookie increments the ‘views’ counter on the YouTube video
- PREF is set by YouTube and is a 3rd party cookie served by the domain youtube.com. It may be set when a visitor to this website clicks the ‘Share’ button on an embedded YouTube video. This cookie may be used by YouTube to store session preferences that relate to your activity when watching the embedded videos. These cookies don’t gather information that identifies a user.
Share this (_stid, _uset, _unam, UID, UIDR)
Share This offers the possibility to share an article on several social media. When using ShareThis cookies are used too. These cookies contain information that allow ShareThis to identify the user.
- stid is a random unique identifier and is used to associated users with topics of interest, based upon the content they consume and share
- uset is used to indicate when a user has been cookied so that the task is not repeated in the next 8 hours
- unam counts number of unique users that share content and how many page views are generated from the resulting share
- UID and UIDR are used to get third party measurement of our audience size
iScan (IwinkSID, ClktrkID)
iScan is a service offered by Iwink/Kirra that generates statistics about the visitors to a website. iScan uses one cookie in order to identify the user.