Optimizing gas sales and purchase management
- Table of Contents
It seems hard to predict how the gas market will develop and at what pace. However, we all face the changes towards a more free market.
This gas training is the perfect opportunity for you to enhance your understanding of market developments and to strengthen your understanding of gas sales and pricing strategies. Participants sharpen their vision on gas trading and increase their awareness of the consequences of a free market and the direct effects that gas trading may have on their companies. The programme contains intensive group discussions, case study and lectures from international experts representing a broad range of companies.
The Master class Gas Pricing Strategies is a 2-day training programme with experts from both the academic world and the gas sales and pricing business, such as Delft University of Technology and Societé Générale. These experts will share their ideas on and experiences with physical gas trading on liquid markets in the Anglo-Saxon and the European continental area. They will also explore the way in which the market is moving and what the consequences are of buying and selling natural gas.
At whom is the Gas Pricing Strategies course targeted?
You are working in the gas industry, or have an interest in commercial activity in the gas industry. You already have knowledge of the gas value chain and want to get a better understanding of how gas pricing is developing in the EU and what the consequences are for the different market players. Your aim is to gain an in-depth knowledge of the developments of sales and/or purchasing strategies to enhance your decision making capabilities.
Which topics are addressed during this course?
- The theoretical and practical mechanisms to establish the value of gas.
- Market structure and the traditional framework for gas transactions, including pricing concepts in Europe.
- The key aspects of trading markets.
- The different strategies (for both sales and pricing) of gas trading and the financial instruments to support the trading activities.
- Gas trading from a buyer’s and from a seller’s perspective.
- The roles of the different parties involved in gas marketing and deal structuring.
- UK-gas market development: the Anglo-Saxon case.
- European Gas Hubs.
- Theory and concepts: market development and regulation.
- Discussion on pros and cons of bilateral and free-market gas trading.
- Key drivers of developments regarding a free trading exchange.
- Functioning of the free gas market.
- Discussion on price volatility: how will gas prices behave?
- Role of natural gas in a greening energy future.
- Case study; Battle of gas pricing systems.
Which experts do you get a chance to exchange views with during this course?
The moderator of the Master Class Gas Pricing Strategies will be MSc Dirk Bensdorp, former CCO of Gasterra, nowadays Director Business Development Energy Delta Institute. To guarantee both high quality and a varied programme, he will be supported by a carefully selected group of international experts from the European gas industry and trading companies such as John Moulton and Thierry Bros. These experts will also be your sparring partners in the discussions.
How did others evaluate the course?
'The Master Class Gas Pricing Strategies gave me a thorough understanding of the gas chain, both up- and downstream. It pictures the industry as it is today, the historical background, and it gives you some options for future developments. As the key lecturer and experts are all gifted speakers, it is a delightful and exiting experience. This class gives you the opportunity to get the 'bigger picture' just in a few days.
It tickles the mind, just like a Master class should do!'
Klantportfolio Specialist, N.V. Nuon Sales Nederland
22 - 23 April 2013
14 - 15 October 2013
€ 2.850,- (accommodation costs and VAT excluded)
To register for this course, please fill in the application form and send it back to us by fax or email.
Download your application form here.