Master Class REMIT
Guidance in market integrity and transparency: from theory to practice
- 1-day programme
- In cooperation with Duve Legal Consulting and Eneco Energy Trade
- Can be offered in English or German
- Identify the objectives of REMIT and its implications for energy companies
- Distinguish insider trading from market manipulation
- Identify and assess criteria to determine insider information and practices constituting market manipulation
- Learn how to deal with uncertainty and weigh up alternatives and exemptions
- Distinguish standard contracts from non-standard contracts and identify corresponding reporting obligations
- Recognise main challenges associated with REMIT implementation
The programme can be fine-tuned according to the company’s learning objectives.
Optional topics for a REMIT programme are:
- What constitutes insider information; exemptions
- Publication of information
- Market manipulation and attempted market manipulation
- Standard and non-standard contracts
- Measures to implement REMIT (Chinese Walls, Code of Conduct and insider list)
- Measures to implement REMIT reporting of contracts
- Consequences of breaching REMIT obligations
- Due diligence of actions taken and implemented
- Case study, examples and discussions of own practice
Michaela Duve attorney at Duve Legal Consulting, has an in-depth expert knowledge in her fields of activity due to her many years of working as attorney-at-law and in-house legal counsel. She has gained experience as a legal expert in the energy business working for RWE Supply & Trading, Barclays and the European Parliament, among others.
A guest lecturer from Eneco Energy Trade is optional for the practical part of the programme.
"We learned a lot during the in-house Master Class. Michaela Duve has a deep knowledge of REMIT rules and risks and is able to answer all our questions on the subject. This Master Class we enable us to evaluate what to do differently about REMIT in the future."
Business Analyst, at GasTerra