Falling cost of wind and solar will unlock £20bn of investment, Aurora Energy Research saysThe UK is well on the way to a new era of subsidy-free renewable energy projects that will largely kill off prospects for new gas power stations, according to industry analysts.The falling cost of wind and solar projects combined with advances in battery storage technology will unlock about £20bn of investment in the UK between now and 2030, Aurora Energy Research said. Onshore wind and solar will both be viable without subsidies by 2025 in the UK, it added. Related: Global energy giants forced to adapt to rise of renewables Continue reading...
- April 20, 2018 First Green H2 GOs on the market
- April 20, 2018 Nord Stream 2 receives full permits in Finland
- April 20, 2018 Siemens to supply H-class gas turbines for Chinese power plant
- April 20, 2018 BP, Reliance to go ahead with phase 2 of $6bn KG-D6 gas project in India
- April 19, 2018 Air Liquide signs contract with Covestro
- April 19, 2018 Will China beat the world to nuclear fusion and clean energy?
- April 19, 2018 Is peace in the (gas) pipeline for Pyongyang?
- April 19, 2018 Europe invested €51.2bn in wind energy in 2017
- April 18, 2018 Unbundling gas supply will level playing field: Shell
- April 18, 2018 Warming climate to nearly double demand for cooling appliances