Falling cost of wind and solar will unlock £20bn of investment, Aurora Energy Research saysThe UK is well on the way to a new era of subsidy-free renewable energy projects that will largely kill off prospects for new gas power stations, according to industry analysts.The falling cost of wind and solar projects combined with advances in battery storage technology will unlock about £20bn of investment in the UK between now and 2030, Aurora Energy Research said. Onshore wind and solar will both be viable without subsidies by 2025 in the UK, it added. Related: Global energy giants forced to adapt to rise of renewables Continue reading...
- December 18, 2018 Hyundai to construct second fuel cell plant
- December 18, 2018 The full story on climate change requires the long view
- December 18, 2018 Antarctic climate change: Scientists visit the world's most remote island
- December 18, 2018 Climate change: The massive CO2 emitter you may not know about
- December 18, 2018 Why China’s electric-car industry is leaving Detroit, Japan, and Germany in the dust
- December 18, 2018 A long-awaited battery that would cut electric-vehicle costs may finally be close
- December 18, 2018 Five key takeaways from climate summit
- December 18, 2018 What was agreed at COP24 in Poland and why did it take so long?
- December 18, 2018 Climate change: COP24 deal to bring Paris pact to life
- December 18, 2018 Poland's deadly addiction to coal – in pictures