Renewable capacity has tripled in past five years, even faster growth than the ‘dash for gas’ of the 1990sThe capacity of renewable energy has overtaken that of fossil fuels in the UK for the first time, in a milestone that experts said would have been unthinkable a few years ago.In the past five years, the amount of renewable capacity has tripled while fossil fuels’ has fallen by one-third, as power stations reached the end of their life or became uneconomic. Continue reading...
- November 16, 2018 Oil Market Report: Heeding the warnings
- November 16, 2018 Inventors of spinning wind turbine win James Dyson award
- November 15, 2018 IEA participates in first Paris Peace Forum to expand global dialogue on energy and security
- November 15, 2018 Closing nuclear plants risks rise in greenhouse gas emissions, report warns
- November 15, 2018 Purple bacteria 'batteries' turn sewage into clean energy
- November 15, 2018 Doubly-excited electrons reach new energy states
- November 15, 2018 Spain plans switch to 100% renewable electricity by 2050
- November 15, 2018 MAN Energy Solutions to design and deliver LNG terminal
- November 15, 2018 A clean win: USPS honoured for energy efforts
- November 14, 2018 Weatherwatch: tension mounts over solar energy 'betrayal'