Poll shows strong support for energy efficiency measures despite divide on generatorsVoters are divided on whether the government should intervene to stop coal power stations closing, or subsidise the construction of new coal plants, but strongly back energy efficiency measures, a new poll has found.The YouGov Galaxy poll, released on Monday, found that 42% want the government to intervene to keep existing coal electricity generators open compared with 33% who oppose it. Related: Design of national energy guarantee revealed, but key details omitted Related: States threaten to call off energy deal if renewables undermined Continue reading...
- December 18, 2018 Hyundai to construct second fuel cell plant
- December 18, 2018 The full story on climate change requires the long view
- December 18, 2018 Antarctic climate change: Scientists visit the world's most remote island
- December 18, 2018 Climate change: The massive CO2 emitter you may not know about
- December 18, 2018 Why China’s electric-car industry is leaving Detroit, Japan, and Germany in the dust
- December 18, 2018 A long-awaited battery that would cut electric-vehicle costs may finally be close
- December 18, 2018 Five key takeaways from climate summit
- December 18, 2018 What was agreed at COP24 in Poland and why did it take so long?
- December 18, 2018 Climate change: COP24 deal to bring Paris pact to life
- December 18, 2018 Poland's deadly addiction to coal – in pictures