Poll shows strong support for energy efficiency measures despite divide on generatorsVoters are divided on whether the government should intervene to stop coal power stations closing, or subsidise the construction of new coal plants, but strongly back energy efficiency measures, a new poll has found.The YouGov Galaxy poll, released on Monday, found that 42% want the government to intervene to keep existing coal electricity generators open compared with 33% who oppose it. Related: Design of national energy guarantee revealed, but key details omitted Related: States threaten to call off energy deal if renewables undermined Continue reading...
- April 20, 2018 First Green H2 GOs on the market
- April 20, 2018 Nord Stream 2 receives full permits in Finland
- April 20, 2018 Siemens to supply H-class gas turbines for Chinese power plant
- April 20, 2018 BP, Reliance to go ahead with phase 2 of $6bn KG-D6 gas project in India
- April 19, 2018 Air Liquide signs contract with Covestro
- April 19, 2018 Will China beat the world to nuclear fusion and clean energy?
- April 19, 2018 Is peace in the (gas) pipeline for Pyongyang?
- April 19, 2018 Europe invested €51.2bn in wind energy in 2017
- April 18, 2018 Unbundling gas supply will level playing field: Shell
- April 18, 2018 Warming climate to nearly double demand for cooling appliances