On Thursday, November 9 the regional climate conference ‘Klimaattop Noord NL’ will be held at the Energy Academy Building in Groningen. During last year’s national climate conference in Rotterdam participants agreed on multiple actions to meet the ‘Paris goals’. Now the provinces of Groningen, Friesland and Drenthe bring their version of the conference to the region to progress actions even further. This conference aims to bring businesses, local governments, social and scientific/research parties together for further and combined actions to speed up the energy transition. On the day new initiatives will materialise and existing projects are to be accelerated and/or extended. Participants are now called upon to register through the designated website www.klimaattopnoord2017.nl
Participants are to present their projects or plans as concretely as possible, demonstrating how their initiative will contribute to the climate goals for energy neutrality in the year 2050. To showcase their plans they can present their projects in various ways – by means of an interactive workshop, an inspiring lecture, demonstration of innovative products, test setup of a technical application… Anything is possible. Registration is now open via the designated website, the final list of selected participants will be announced by the end of September.
The Klimaattop Noord NL 2017 will take place at the Energy Academy Europe Building on Zernike Campus Groningen – the awarded and most sustainable educational building in the country. In this building, the energy transition is at the main focus of anything that goes on at the premises. The Energy Transition Centre EnTranCe, the on-campus facility for applied research and development will be an additional venue for the conference.
The Klimaattop Noord NL 2017 is organised by the provinces of Friesland, Groningen and Drenthe and New Energy Coalition (the newly founded cooperation of Energy Valley, Energy Delta Institute and Energy Academy Europe-organisation)
- January 17, 2018 Northern Netherlands leading the energy transition with New Energy Coalition
- November 23, 2017 What 2018 has in store for us
- November 13, 2017 New Energy Coalition hosts climate summit of the Northern Netherlands
- October 20, 2017 Those that learn will survive - Micro MBA
- October 09, 2017 International Youth Day: Dialogue of Generations
- September 26, 2017 EDI's guest lecture on energy transition in Skolkovo
- September 05, 2017 Mirco MBA Survival of the smartest
- August 28, 2017 Symposium ‘Wind-meets-Gas’