On the 24th and 25th of April Yanos Michoupolos and Jakob van der Wal were present at St. Petersburg for the annual event with our partner Gazprom. The theme of this year’s event was Safety Culture and Leadership. With good safety leaders, the organisation will shift upward the safety ladder as the devotion of safety leaders leads to the elimination of physical hazards and the elimination of work situations prone to human error.
During the 1,5 day session, participants discussed their personal leadership and commitment in the promotion of a positive health and safety culture. They discussed some key tools that are identified with risk assessment and identified the key risk factors that could negatively affect the company and especially it’s risk culture. Moreover, innovative approaches towards safety increasing measures are being discussed to ultimately come a step closer to the ‘zero-accident’ objective that has been set by many companies in the gas industry.
- May 16, 2017 Smart North Sea collaboration saves space, costs and carbon emissions
- May 15, 2017 “We should focus on greening the molecules, greening the electrons is going fine”
- May 15, 2017 EDI’s founding fathers celebrate 15th anniversary in Saint Petersburg
- March 14, 2017 Obsolete gas and oil platforms can service a sustainable energy system
- March 01, 2017 Energy organisations in the Northern Netherlands join forces. Gertjan Lankhorst, Director of new foundation
- January 17, 2017 EDI is moving!
- January 05, 2017 Event-update: North Sea as a future powerhouse