Latest developments around a key instrument in the Dutch Climate Agreement
Carbon Capture, Utilisation and Storage (CCUS) is regarded by many scientists as a key tool to reach the climate agreement goals. In all scenarios of the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) and the International Energy Agency (IEA), CCUS is viewed as essential to a cost-effective energy transition.
In this intensive 3-day expedition, top experts offer an overview of the entire Carbon Capture, Utilisation and Storage value chain and the opportunities it offers. It looks in particular at the latest developments in the dynamic CCUS market. On the last day a site visit is planned to Technology Centre Mongstad, The world´s most advanced and flexible test arena for CO2 capture technologies.
How you benefit
- Comprehensive understanding of the CCUS value chain
- Network with experts and peers during the 3-day expedition
- Site visit to Technology Centre Mongstad; the world´s most advanced and flexible test arena for CO2 capture technologies
About the programme
The Masterclass CCUS offers a unique overview of all currently available technologies for capturing, transporting, storing and utilising CO2.
It also discusses the most relevant economic parameters, the regulatory framework and a number of innovative new projects, and includes a business case in which all topics come together.
- The CCUS value chain
- The role of CCUS in the energy transition
- Ways of capturing, storing and transporting CO2
- Applications of CO2
- European and Dutch CCS landscape
- Legal aspects, outlooks and economics
What you learn
- Understanding of CCUS value chain
- Latest on the most promising CCUS projects
- Role of CCUS in Dutch climate policy