Get ready for the future of energy – with Nyenrode Business University, RWTH Aachen University of Technology and the International Energy Agency
The world has embarked on a journey towards a low-carbon, zero-emission energy future. It is one of the most difficult challenges mankind has ever faced.
In this comprehensive executive programme you study the implications of the transition for the energy industry. You will look at the role of public policy and of the major energy companies, as well as at the key innovations – both technological and in business models – that are driving the transition.
The course, which consists of two modules, one at Nyenrode Business University near Amsterdam and one in Paris, is given by a team of eminent lecturers.
How you benefit
- Obtain critical understanding of one of the most important transformations in the world today
- Explore concrete cases that you will be able to apply in your own work
- Directly interact with international experts and network with peers in the energy sector
- Enhance leadership and strategic skills
- Ahead of the pack: anticipate on new business models and innovations
This programme is in cooperation with:
About the programme
In this advanced two-module programme a team of expert lecturers from universities, global institutions and leading energy companies will acquaint you with the latest innovations and insights into the international energy transition.
You will take a deep dive into key aspects of the energy transition, including innovation dynamics, innovations in business models, the impact of digitalisation and technological innovation on the energy sector, and the roles of key stakeholders (major energy companies, policymakers, investors, researchers).
The first module takes four days and is held at the historic campus of Nyenrode Business University at Breukelen near Amsterdam. The second module, which lasts three days, takes place two months later in Paris, and is conducted by experts from the International Energy Agency among others. In the intervening period you will write an Energy Transition Essay.
- Technological developments and implications for the energy business
- Innovation dynamics: how to respond to today’s disruptive changes
- The role of gas in the worldwide energy transition
- Digital transformations in the power sector
- Scenario planning and translation into business models
- Energy innovation policies and societal context
- Views of the International Energy Agency on energy trends and investments
- Latest insights from the International Panel on Climate Change
- The role of major energy companies in the energy transition
- Presentations and discussion of participants ‘Energy Innovation Essays’
- Opportunities, skills and leadership in energy world in transit
What you learn
You will be able to:
- Identify key challenges facing the energy sector
- Understand the roles of gas, renewables and other forms of energy in the global energy mix
- Distinguish main trends
- Understand elements and steps of scenario planning
- Analyse the role of innovation in the energy sector on the basis of case studies
- Identify and assess new business models in the energy sector
- Write an ‘Energy Innovation Essay’ in which you develop your own perspective on the energy transition
Who should attend?
This programme is for professionals with considerable knowledge of the energy sector, in particular mid and senior level staff from diverse and multidisciplinary departments in companies and organisations. For example:
- Business development managers
- Strategy consultants/managers
- Operational, portfolio and risk managers
- Marketing and performance consultants/managers
- Innovation, research and business development advisors
- Energy business and policy analysts
- Senior-level government officials
This program is divided into 2 modules at 2 locations.
- Lecture 1Monday 28 March 2022Time is to be determined Lecture 2Tuesday 29 March 2022Time is to be determined Lecture 3Wednesday 30 March 2022Time is to be determined Lecture 4Thursday 31 March 2022Time is to be determined
- LocationNyenrode Business University in Breukelen, The Netherlands
- Lecture 1Monday 16 May 2022Time is to be determined Lecture 2Tuesday 17 May 2022Time is to be determined Lecture 3Wednesday 18 May 2022Time is to be determined
- LocationParis, France
Bert Stuij (MSc.) is Vice President Innovation at the Energy Delta Institute (EDI) and Manager National Programmes/Energy at the Netherlands Enterprise Agency RVO, a government institution. At EDI, Stuij works on programme development and education with a specific focus on energy transition. At RVO, Stuij is responsible for renewable energy, energy efficiency and energy innovation policy. Previously Stuij worked in the private sector for Shell and at various semi-private institutions (Novem) and government agencies (SenterNovem, AgentschapNL).
The EDI Executive Programme Energy Transition & Innovation has broadened and deepened my knowledge of the drivers and methods for transition and innovation in the energy sector, which are key in moving towards a more sustainable energy system. The presentations are of a high standard and the engaging lecturers and diverse group of participants led to interesting discussions, inside and outside the lecture room. A relevant course for anyone who wants to contribute to the transformation of our energy system.
Saskia Wantia - Consultant at Het Consultancyhuis
I am sincerely grateful for the opportunity to attend the Executive Programme on Energy Transition and Innovation run by Energy Delta Institute. Along with highlighting latest breakthrough solutions for energy business the Programme gives an outstanding overview of the experience and knowledge gained through years of research and experiments. It shows how science fiction can become a reality. Thanks to this Programme I started “thinking beyond the box” even more than I did before and apply this to my daily work. The international courses by Energy Delta Institute enable you to meet people from various organisations that creates a very interesting, inspiring and horizon broadening environment, and Energy Transition and Innovation Programme is another wonderful example of it.
Olga Rumyantseva - Senior Executive Representative in Russia at N. V. Nederlandse Gasunie