Discover the dynamics of gas, explore the future
The gas market is undergoing several transformations at once. The rapid growth of LNG production is turning previously fragmented gas markets into a global competitive commodity market. At the same time, the role of gas is impacted by the transition to a zero-emission, low-carbon energy system.
This virtual version of the introductory course International Gas Value Chain provides a complete overview of the current dynamics in all parts of the gas value chain. It also looks at how the role of gas may evolve in the energy system of the future.
How you benefit
- Comprehensive overview of gas markets
- Perspective on future challenges and opportunities
- Acquire international network of peers and experts in gas
About the programme
This four half-day course given by a highly experienced business professional, specialised economist and author, Andrej Pustisek, takes you on a tour of all the key processes and dynamics of the gas value chain. It looks at the roles of the various stakeholders, analyses international commercialisation strategies, and dives into the impacts of EU energy and climate polices on gas markets.
- Characteristics and dynamics of natural gas business from exploration and production to transmission, distribution and storage
- Technical and commercial dynamics of LNG industry
- EU energy policies and impact on gas markets
- Gas pricing and contracting
- Natural gas portfolio management and trading
- New business models
- Global gas market outlook
- Role of gas in renewable energy generation
What you learn
- Identify key aspects of gas exploration, production, transmission and commercialisation
- Understand current energy market dynamics and their implications for the future
- Recognise evolving business models for pipeline gas and LNG
- Assess role of gas in low-carbon economy
- Identify risks and new opportunities in gas
- Acquire an international network of peers with similar interests